Tuesday, May 12, 2009

monday mood

Waking up yesterday morning, I was still feeling like absolute crap, and couldn't work out due to congestion and breathing issues, which pissed me off tremendously. I was going to cancel my appointment for a hair cut, too, but figured since I waited 3 weeks for it, I should probably go. I grabbed the usual cereal before I went, but amped up the protein and fiber - the combo of the day was 2/3 Strawberry Glucerna, 1/3 E's Kashi GoLean, 1 Tbsp. of walnuts and some nonfat milk.

If nothing else, the haircut made my head feel a little lighter and slightly less congested. I walked a couple of minutes down the street and got my weekly immunotherapy shot at the same time - gotta love a 2fer trip! I decided to walk a little bit, and somehow ended up almost a mile away when it started to pour. I happened to be in front of Fat Patty's, so I hopped in for a bite. I had their Cobb salad, but made a few changes to healthen it up - I omitted the dried cranberries and sliced olives, got the dressing on the side and added bell peppers and carrots. I forgot to ask for no cheese, and I didn't realize it came with garlic bread. I ate the egg whites, all the veggies and chicken, half of one piece of garlic bread and only the cheese that was stuck to the chicken and lettuce, which was about 2 Tbsp. I did 6 fork-dips of dressing, about 1 tsp. and accounted a tsp. of oil, which I guessed was about the amount the chicken was cooked in. With two big glasses of lemon ice water, it came out to 428 calories.


The salad filled me up really well, so I didn't snack much at all. Around 5:30, I got munchy and grabbed 3 almonds and a yogurt pretzel and dark chocolate almond from my candy stash. With the starlight mint I had at the salon, it came out to 87 calories.


I was out of ideas for a creative and yummy dinner, and was way too stuffed up to make anything time-consuming. I didn't want to order out, so I threw something quick together. We had some It's All Good Chick'n Bites Provencal sauteed with spinach and shredded carrots with a half each of Kashi's Mayan Bake and 1 3/4 baked corn tortillas with Blue Smoke Salsa. I liked the plantain in the bake, but the sauce just wasn't my thing, and could've used something to brighten it up. The chick'n bites were good, but a little too springy for my tastes, so I gave 1/4 of them to E, bringing dinner to 375 calories.


I wasn't too satisfied from dinner - it just didn't work for me! Around 9ish, I heated up a strawberry Bagelful for 200 calories, bringing the day's total to 1359. It's under the daily range that I try to hit, but the protein was high, the carbs were low and the fat was right at range, so I decided not to eat any more. With a very random appetite, it's hard to eat properly when you're sick, so I did the best that I could, and I'm okay with that.

0 comments: