Thursday, May 14, 2009

back in the saddle

I cannot believe it's Thursday already - The week's just flown by!

I was really bummed out from not being able to be in the gym all week, but today I bit the bullet, sucked it up, went and had a blast. I did two classes - weighted workout and express fitness, and mixed up my pre-class cardio by doing a little stair climber and cross trainer and the good ol' treadclimber. I don't know how accurate the calories burned on Fitlinxx are because today, with everything combined, it came out to 1146, which just seems crazy! I'm thinking of possibly getting a Polar or something similar to monitor calories burned and heart rate, but I still haven't decided yet. Also, I have a confession to make: I took yoga last week and didn't hate it. There, I said it. Don't get too excited, though, I was under duress! It's definitely nice to know that yoga's there when I need it to be, instead of forcing myself to do it every week. It totally takes the stress out of "de-stress".

We picked up my mom at the airport last night, and are we glad to see her! She brought us each some really cool gifts (which she totally didn't have to do!), including our very first kiddush cup, some really cool books, and my absolute favourite pumpernickel bagels and whole-wheat challah rolls! Nothing says home like fresh baked goods, so they're definitely appreciated. I just have to make sure to freeze them ASAP before I eat them all, which would definitely be bad news bears.

My appetite seems to back, which is awesome, but now I have to be careful to not eat everything in sight! I weighed myself today and I'm down another 2 pounds, so the week off hasn't hurt me, which I'm so very thankful for.

Latest eats!

Tuesday

Breakie!
Kashi GoLean, the last of the Strawberry Glucerna, fresh strawbs, walnuts and nonfat milk, 294 calories

Lunch!
canned salmon mixed with dijon, a little light mayo, sriracha, herbs and paprika on a light italian FlatOut wrap with a mango and string cheese, 357 calories

Dinner!
Jimmy John's Turkey Tom with extra veggies and avocado instead of mayo

with half an oz of skinny chips!
calories? 423

The day's total was 1075 calories, which is way way way too little, even if I was sitting around all day. Not healthy!


Wednesday
Breakie of Kashi GoLean, the last of the Cinnamon Life, walnuts, strawbs and nonfat milk for 348 calories. Cereal just doesn't taste like cereal without walnutty goodness!

Lunch was super-boring; a Boca Chick'n patty on whole grain white bread with garlic and herb Laughing Cow for 335 calories

I got pretty hungry right before we left for the airport, so I grabbed one of E's crunchy granola bars for 95 calories. Maple and brown sugar = delicious!

My mom's flight kept getting delayed and we were hungry! I had about 5 oz. of this Bud Light Lime, although it wasn't very good.

I also had a side salad - radishes, carrots, green peppers, tomato lettuce, and red onion, pepped up with a dash of parm, some black pepper, and about a tsp of Golden Italian dressing. I also had 3 slices of pepperoni, 2 slices of thin salami and about 1/4 cup of diced lean ham on top. This 'snack', with beer, came out to 293 calories.

Mom came bearing trail mix! I had a giant cashew out of the bag for 8 calories

We were all starving at this point, and headed back to Bluegrass for a late dinner. I had all of the salad and goat cheese with 2 Tbsp. worth of the homemade super-chunky amazing blue cheese dressing, 2 slices of the bacon, and half the sandwich with 1 Tbsp. of sun-dried tomato mayo. This sandwich was the bomb! It had lemon-thyme roasted chicken, field greens, tomato and onion on some amazing french bread - now I know why they call it the Perfect Chicken! I wasn't going to eat the bacon, but once I took a bite and it was seriously the best bacon I've ever tasted. Local and nitrate-free, it was porky perfection! With a bite of my mom's burger (meat only), dinner, part 2 came out to 579 calories.

The day's total came out 1657 calories - a little higher than I'd like, but still within range. I'm just glad my appetite's back!

0 comments: