Tuesday, May 12, 2009

recap - saturday

Saturday didn't start out as well as I thought it would. We woke up bright and early (like 6 a.m.) to eat, get ready and be on time for boot camp (at 8), and I went from "I'll go and do what I can" to "I can't make it down the stairs to the front door" in about 15 minutes' time. Needless to say, I went back to bed, and didn't wake up until almost noon! E still wasn't home, so I called him while I made a simple breakfast - Strawberry Glucerna with chopped walnuts and skim milk for 266 calories.


I had lost my voice, so E couldn't understand a word I was saying, but explained everything when he came home. Apparently, our trainer had decided that in the last 30 minutes of the session, they'd head out on a 5 mile walk around town, but didn't tell any of the participants about it. Even though it was supposed to end at 10, it didn't end until 11:45, by which point most of the participants' families were calling them frantically, worried that something had happened. I appreciate the trainers' efforts into mixing things up at the bi-monthly workouts, but this seemed to be a little ridiculous. E wasn't in the best of moods when he got back, so we decided to work on the garden for a little bit, potting our herbs and our patio tomatoes. We needed some potting soil from Home Depot, and on the way there, stopped for lunch at Panera. I wasn't really hungry, but hadn't had an appetite all day, so I figured it was better to eat then to skip a meal. I ordered the LF chicken noodle soup with a side of baguette and opted for an iced green tea at the last minute. I ate 2/3 of the soup and 3/4 of the bread with a couple dips of E's tomato soup and all of the tea for 325 calories.



E had picked up a little poison oak over the last couple of days, so we stopped at CVS for some meds, and I picked up a diet Pepsi, which actually made me feel a whole lot better.


We ended up out in the yard for 5 or 6 hours without even realizing it! We took a quick break at 6:30 pm to watch this week's episode of the show (with our little interview), and headed back outside. ended up running to the store around 8:30 pm for some twist ties and pots to finish potting the rosemary and oregano and to stake the tomatoes. I still wasn't hungry, but E was starving (which he should've been!), so we grabbed some food on the road - Arby's. I'm not one to sit around and put 'fast' food down, because lord knows, there are days when it comes in handy, with or without planning, and Saturday was one of them! I had a regular roast beef, 1/2 packet of 'horsey sauce' (horseradish mayo) and 1/3 of a medium curly fries for 482 calories.


For some reason, while we were waiting for SNL, I got absolutely starving for the first time all day. I totally wanted comfort food, and something fast and warm, so I heated up a strawberry Bagelful, which was perfect, for 200 calories.


Normally, I wouldn't have been happy with the day's eats, but when all was said and done, I was under my targets in calories, fat, the whole yard, so it actually wasn't too bad. The only thing I was really missing was fresh produce, but in all honesty, I probably wouldn't have eaten any with the way I was feeling! I definitely let my body have what it wanted, and while I hope not to make a habit of it, seemed to work. All in all, the day's totals were 1273.

0 comments: