I based it off of Courtney at The Hungry Yogini's, and it was super simple:
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (or 3 cloves garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes (NSA if possible)
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 3 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- Heat up a medium pot over medium-high heat, and spray with olive oil.
- Saute onions until soft and translucent. Add in all seasonings, except for the bay leaf, and stir until onions are coated and spices are fragrant.
- Add in the carrots and celery, and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lentils broth, coconut milk and the bay leaf. The coconut milk will look like it's separating, but don't worry - it'll reincorporate with everything else as it cooks.
- Simmer for an hour over medium-low heat, and enjoy!
I also had a tuna, hummus, spinach and carrot wrap and some strawberries - good, but definitely not as good as the soup. I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow already!