Shocking, I know.
Not necessarily because of something good or something bad or something somewhere in between. Sometimes, there's just nothing much to say. Sometimes, life just is.
This is where Gratitude posts come in handy. On days like today, when things just are, it's nice to think of the good things. As a realist, I know how many bad things there can be, but today is for the good things. Just the good things.
note: this is not an exclusive list, nor will it include items like "my arms and legs and fingers and toes and eyes and ears and..." even though I totally am, because that goes without saying.
So, here are 5 things that I'm grateful for, right here and right now.
- That E's favorite part of the day is when he leaves work. Not because he goes home, but that he gets to come home to me.
- I can walk to the gym and back, allowing me to work out on my own time and pace, and the only stores I pass on my way are a TCBY, a Subway and a Weight Watchers.
- I've lost 27 pounds without using a crutch; not through a pill, doctor, procedure, starvation or exhaustion, just working my butt off and eating responsibly.
- That 17 people choose to read my blog and care about what I have to say, no matter how dumb or illogical that may be.
- That I've learned to let go - not every situation needs to become a conflict, and not every lesson has an answer.