I went the easy route here, and used both frozen onions and cauliflower. Although this recipe calls for 2 sweet potatoes, I only used 1/3 of mine, due to it's Schwarzenegger-like physique. We both loved this, although it was a little too much chickpea for me, which is an easy fix, and this was just as wonderful the next day.
We sprinkled ours with some golden raisins and slivered almonds, and ate this with brown Texmati rice.
Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry
found on the Kraft Canada website
- 1/2 cup Creamy Cucumber Dressing, divided
- 1 cup chopped onions (about 1 medium)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cans (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28 fl oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of the dressing in a dutch oven on medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 to 7 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add curry powder; cook and stir 1 min. Add in sweet potatoes, cauliflower, chickpeas, tomatoes and water; mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Simmer 20 min. or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining dressing. Serve over rice.