Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You've earned the right - now use it!

(thanks to Free Foto for the use of this image)

Today, on November 4th, 2008, history will be made.

Whether it's President Obama or President McCain, a change of historical significance will be had. I've somewhat stated my political opinion here before, but I won't go into that - this is not a political blog. However, as someone who has never voted in her native land, I wish with everything that I have that I could vote here. Alas, I can only vote once I'm a citizen, which will be in 3 years or so (just in time for the next one).

Today, if you ARE an American citizen, get out and VOTE.
Vote for your heart, mind and soul.
Vote for your mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, and children.
Vote for your past, present and future.
Vote for all of the people who, like me, have yet to earn the privilege to vote in their adopted land.

Most of all, vote for yourself.

0 comments: