Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Monday Post

Due to being under the weather last week and running out of most of our staples, I was unable to do or even follow a meal plan, and this week will feel the after-effects. I'll mostly be throwing some things together, and will update if any turn out. Meanwhile, if you have any questions on a previous meal featured in the meal plan that I haven't addressed or updated on the results, please leave a comment, and I'll be happy to post a follow-up.

Also, Iron Cupcake's deadline is fast approaching, and I have less than 4 days to submit my entry. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it done in time, and if I do, I'll be posting here once again, begging for your votes :D

I wanted to share with you a great money-saving deal that I received today through Thrifty Florida Mama. I always feel guilty about spending money on meat and seafood, since E can't eat such items, and good-quality product is expensive, even when on sale. Well, I don't have to worry for a little while! Thanks to Geico and Omaha Steaks, I was personally able to get 18 4 0z. burger patties, a 6 piece cutlery set and a cutting board for only $3.98, including shipping. 12 of these burgers are normally $32.99, and shipping and handling is $13.99, so this was definitely a steal!

Here's how I did it:
  • Go to Geico Privileges, and register. You do not have to be a Geico customer, but you do have to be over the age of 18 and a U.S. resident. Within a couple of hours, you'll receive a gift certificate code for $25, good any purchase.
  • Head to Wow Coupons, and look for the 6 free burgers, cutting board and cutlery deal (it was the first listed when I last checked)
  • Once you head over to Omaha Steaks, add the item(s) of your choice to your cart. As long as it's over $14.99, it'll work. I chose to get 12 4 oz. burgers, which are currently on sale for $14.99.
  • Head over to the checkout; it'll have added your gifts, and the shipping and handling fees. Enter in your certificate code (no pin required!) that you received in your inbox, and your total will be updated, as mine was, to reflect the changes.
I'll be receiving my burgers by October 29th - even ignoring the free gift and cost of s+h, the meat ends up costing me about $0.88/lb, which is amazing!

Omaha Steaks now takes Paypal if you don't have or want to use a credit card, and this deal is good through October 31st.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - you skill on the finding deals and products on the internet never ceases to amaze me. I really think you should advertize and try to do this for others as a side job.