Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not Much Going On Here...

There's really not much happening lately...

Friday night was E's father's retirement party, and it was a lot of fun! Not only was there some great music, but it was nice hanging out with everyone, since we don't get to see them too often. It was especially nice to see E's grandfather, who's been very ill, and Rev. D., the minister who married us. By the time we left the party, it was getting pretty late, so we ended up staying over at E's mother's house, so we got to spend time with his sister, and his mom over breakfast the next morning.

Saturday was a bit hectic, but we spent the evening at the 30th anniversary gala for E's company. It was really great to be able to dress up, go out and spend some time with E's co-workers. There was a live band who was great, albeit the technical issues, and we had a lot of fun dancing. We got our picture taken (I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it came out nicely) and a set of commemorative wine glasses, and headed home.




I've participated in a few blogging events, and I've submitted my entry for Iron Cupcake - voting begins on Sunday, and I hope to at least get a few votes on my first try out! I also made some homemade cornbread for the first time, which came out nicely, and for tonight, I threw together a homemade terriyaki sauce for chicken in the crock pot. I'm not sure how it tastes yet, but it smells fantastic!

If you're ever in a pinch and would like to make some yourself, the recipe is as follows:

1/2 cup Soy Sauce (I used low sodium)
3 Tbsp. brown sugar (I used Splenda Brown Sugar blend)
1 Tbsp. Sherry (I used Brandy)
3 garlic cloves, minced

All you do is mix the ingredients thoroughly, and use either as a sauce or a marinade. We usually have these items on hand, and it was really nice to be able to control the sugar and salt contents. If you don't have or want to use alcohol, you can use several substitutions for the Sherry, including apple, orange or grapefruit juice.

0 comments: