Thursday, September 11, 2008

Have Etsy, Will Travel

Lately, I've been feeling....docile.

Which for me is a little odd.

I'm normally a fairly high-spirited (though E would say high-strung) person, always ready at a moment's notice for any adventure. Now, it seems, I've lost a lot of my get up and go and have lost a little bit of my lust for life.

I'm not really sure what it is; my stay at home life, the overwhelmingness of still having so much stuff to move in while the stuff that is here is kinda everywhere, the getting used to a small town life and being a wife.

Whatever it is, I'm going to have to work extra hard to get myself out of this slump.
Setting challenges for myself is one way, such as participating in Iron Cupcake, or cleaning one room and organizing 3 boxes per day. Small goals, but when I'm already stuck, I don't want to overwhelm myself, which can make it worse.

One way that I stay focused and motivated is to set rewards for myself. This is also known as 'falling in love with stuff you can't afford'. Whether it's a day at the spa, a new power tool, going out for a special meal, or that purse/shoes/painting/etc. you're longing for, dangling the carrot might be the solution. For example, I've decided that by October 1st, I want the library and sunporch to be empty of everything but the necessities, which if you've seen either, you'd realize that I have my work cut out for me. Should I succeed, I get to buy myself this beauty:



A 16x20 canvas by Will Jump For Cupcakes on Etsy, $115 seems like a steal for this piece of awesomeness. I've even picked out the space for it on a wall in my kitchen. However, I feel guilty spending the money when I'm not working. So, I've decided that when I've put in the sweat equity, I can give myself a little allowance and get myself something special. In time, maybe I can buy him some friends:

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I know that feeling of being in a slump, i finally was starting to feel better before i got sick now i get to start all over again.